GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   spring pond work (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/54829-spring-pond-work.html)

BenignVanilla 08-03-2004 06:14 PM

spring pond work

"Ka30P" wrote in message

DH, under my ever helpful direction..., got the waders
on and emptied the frog bog of leaves. Now flushing it
out with water.

snip

I am forbidden to do any pond work until I get the house projects done.
Yesterday I went and bought the remaining supplies for the kitchen project
and the wood I need to frame the door out in the new playroom. I hope to
have all of the indoor stuff done in two weeks. LOL.

BV.

Nedra 08-03-2004 06:27 PM

spring pond work

It was cold here in Missouri ... at least too cold for me to
be out doing yard work.
We also had an irritatingly brisk wind kicking up leaves and
dust then dropping them all into the pond.

Ahhh - but the full moon was glorious!

Nedra

"Bonnie" wrote in message
The weather was great for doing outside work here also. DS
and DH removed a maple tree from the yard (less droppings
Yeah!) and I spent time tidying the veggie filter, pond and
surrounding area.
Today it has gotten cooler and they are calling for 1-3" of
snow tonight.
--
Bonnie
NJ

Offbreed 08-03-2004 07:30 PM

spring pond work

BenignVanilla wrote:

"Ka30P" wrote in message

DH, under my ever helpful direction..., got the waders
on and emptied the frog bog of leaves. Now flushing it
out with water.

snip

I am forbidden to do any pond work until I get the house projects done.
Yesterday I went and bought the remaining supplies for the kitchen project
and the wood I need to frame the door out in the new playroom. I hope to
have all of the indoor stuff done in two weeks. LOL.

G Wife been reading rec.ponds?

jammer 09-03-2004 04:12 AM

spring pond work

73F and gorgeous here in Fort Worth. I went out to the dead looking
pond. I stuck my fingers in and moved them and called "Come here, my
big boy," and up came my big orange and white goldfish. Not only did
he let me pet him, but countless times and he wanted to be petted.
Could he have missed me? Nah....probably not. But he ate a few food
pellets. I would have had to raised the net to see the pond temp, so i
didn't. Felt cold to me, but all 3 fish were swimming around. Glad
they made it. Now, if i can just remember when the toads spawned last
year. It was the last 2 days of either april or may. With a month or
two of leaves falling yet to go, i don't want to un net the pond until
i have to.

Not much else to share yet.
Have a good day