GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   UV and dead fry Bum rap for mosquito fish? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/55388-uv-dead-fry-bum-rap-mosquito-fish.html)

Phyllis and Jim Hurley 13-03-2004 11:34 PM

UV and dead fry Bum rap for mosquito fish?

Hal wrote:

A fish farmer that used to hang around here mentioned they kill off
microaquatics eaten by hatching fry. So, if you use UV and want to
raise fry you need to feed them and he suggested boiled egg yoke.

Does anyone with a UV have a good batch of hatchlings? If the UV really
takes out the fry food, that could explain why I have not had babies for a
while...maybe the mosquito fish are getting a bum rap!

Jim
Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per child) at: jogathon.net