Old 14-03-2004, 03:52 PM
bjt

Default patching the liner a lot

Last spring I spent a couple of months finding leaks in my liner and
patching them. Each leak involved raising the water, waiting a few days for
the leak to lower the level, then gentle inspecting the perimeter of the new
water level to find the leak (pond is 8x15 so the perimeter is long),
lowering the water to get some room to work, patch leak, start over.

At what point should I give up and replace the liner?

I'm wondering if starting over again with concrete would be a better long
term solution. How think would I have to make the concrete on a pond this
size?

Can anyone recommend a pond consultant (I live in the Boston area), I could
hire / talk with?

Thanks. I love my pond...during the moments when I'm not fixing it :-)

Brian

Old 14-03-2004, 03:52 PM
C G

bjt wrote:

Last spring I spent a couple of months finding leaks in my liner and
patching them. Each leak involved raising the water, waiting a few days for
the leak to lower the level, then gentle inspecting the perimeter of the new
water level to find the leak (pond is 8x15 so the perimeter is long),
lowering the water to get some room to work, patch leak, start over.

How far down are they? How old is the liner?

At what point should I give up and replace the liner?

What did you put under the liner? Around here we get old carpet from
installers. Works great for protecting the liner from rocks, roots,
etc.

I'm wondering if starting over again with concrete would be a better long
term solution. How think would I have to make the concrete on a pond this
size?

I'm not a big fan of concrete, especially in areas that have a deep
frost.

Earliest time of the year to start overseeding patching lawn (UK)? Zarch Lawns 2 10-02-2006 03:49 PM
Patching torn Butyl rubber liner? Dave Bell Ponds 4 01-06-2004 09:09 PM
patching the liner a lot bjt Ponds 14 15-03-2004 11:45 PM
Patching Lawn Anthony Gardening 2 11-10-2003 02:22 PM
patching grass for new homeowner Phisherman Gardening 0 17-02-2003 04:15 AM