Old 15-03-2004, 05:32 AM
jammer

Default Mondo Grass Question

I am the one who has been stressing over finding a way for the toads
to get out of the pond easier.
My neighbor has LOTS of mondo grass i am welcome to. If i plant it
where it hangs over and slightly in the water, will that harm
anything? As far as dead plant matter, i will clean the pond in
about 6 months. If there is no harm here, can the toads latch on the
climb out by this method? It would also make baby critter cover.

What do you think?
Old 16-03-2004, 12:44 AM
BenignVanilla

"jammer" wrote in message

I am the one who has been stressing over finding a way for the toads
to get out of the pond easier.
My neighbor has LOTS of mondo grass i am welcome to. If i plant it
where it hangs over and slightly in the water, will that harm
anything? As far as dead plant matter, i will clean the pond in
about 6 months. If there is no harm here, can the toads latch on the
climb out by this method? It would also make baby critter cover.

What do you think?

I have two varieties of grasses growing near the pond, three if you consider
the turf grass tha overhangs the pond edge. The critters love the grass for
it's cover, and you'd be amazed at how these terrestrial plants are growing
their roots right into the water.

I say do it.

BV.

Mondo Grass Bed Harristl Gardening 10 27-09-2004 08:49 AM
Black Mondo Grass For Sale Ben Australia 0 13-11-2003 08:22 AM
[IBC] tips for mondo grass Lynn Boyd Bonsai 4 28-09-2003 03:14 AM
tips for mondo grass SHO2n Bonsai 0 27-09-2003 10:03 PM
mondo grass, any info out there karma_2120 Australia 0 13-09-2003 10:42 PM