Old 18-03-2004, 10:33 AM
Mike Patterson

Default Instead of a Shop Vac for bottom sludge removal -

how about a pump?

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...temnumber=1479

Anyone want to poke a hole in this idea?

TIA

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
Old 18-03-2004, 10:33 AM
Bob

Mike Patterson wrote:

how about a pump?

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...temnumber=1479

Anyone want to poke a hole in this idea?

TIA

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.

-- Check out my homepage: http://home.hiwaay.net/~n4bk/index.htm

Bought one last year as an emergency for the swimming pool pump. They
are strictly for clear water and the impeller will destroy itself very
quickly trying to pass anything else. Nice thought though.

Bob

Old 18-03-2004, 10:33 AM
Mike Patterson

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 12:40:34 -0600, Bob wrote:

Mike Patterson wrote:

how about a pump?

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...temnumber=1479

Anyone want to poke a hole in this idea?

TIA

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.

-- Check out my homepage: http://home.hiwaay.net/~n4bk/index.htm

Bought one last year as an emergency for the swimming pool pump. They
are strictly for clear water and the impeller will destroy itself very
quickly trying to pass anything else. Nice thought though.

Bob

rats!

Oh well, thanks for the info.

Old 18-03-2004, 10:33 AM
Lee B.

Well, you could use the pump and put one of these inline to catch the debris
before it gets to the pump:

http://www.aquaticeco.com/index.cfm/...etail/iid/2553

Lee

Old 18-03-2004, 10:34 AM
joe

Richtoybox has this setup. I copied it and it works great.

http://www.geocities.com/richtoybox/pondpage4.html

Joe

Old 18-03-2004, 10:34 AM
Morten

"Mike Patterson" wrote in message
how about a pump?

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...temnumber=1479

Anyone want to poke a hole in this idea?

Good idea, if it wasn't for the fact that you need to prime a standard pump
before it starts pumping, same thing for all impeller pumps...

/Morten

---

Old 18-03-2004, 10:34 AM
Mike Patterson

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 22:57:00 -0000, "Morten"
wrote:

"Mike Patterson" wrote in message
.. .
how about a pump?

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...temnumber=1479

Anyone want to poke a hole in this idea?

Good idea, if it wasn't for the fact that you need to prime a standard pump
before it starts pumping, same thing for all impeller pumps...

/Morten

Ayup, that's a hole, alright!

Thanks

Old 18-03-2004, 10:34 AM
Gary

I use a 12 ft. length of clear 1" plastic tubing to siphon off the
gunk on the bottom of the pond every spring. I taped about 3 ft. of
one end of the tubing to a length of PVC pipe, just to make it easier
to handle when jamming that end down between the rocks on the bottom
to suck up the suldge. The clear tubing works well, so I can watch
what's getting into the tube. Once in a while, I'll have to rescue a
goldfish, but they survive the ride OK.
Hope this is a helpful idea for you.
Gary
Old 18-03-2004, 10:34 AM
Hal

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 12:08:29 -0800, joe wrote:

Richtoybox has this setup. I copied it and it works great.

http://www.geocities.com/richtoybox/pondpage4.html

Looks good!

Regards,

Hal

Retro bottom vac drain. W Dale Ponds 4 02-07-2005 05:02 PM
OT Yellowjacket Shop Vac Cam Ponds 3 27-09-2004 08:12 PM
wet/dry vac to clean pond bottom? O3raledale Ponds 9 09-05-2004 06:05 AM
Shop Vac for cleaning pond? camper Ponds 11 18-03-2004 10:34 AM
FIRE ANTS: Shop Vac & Incineration zebrin Gardening 5 31-07-2003 06:32 AM