Old 20-03-2004, 11:19 PM
Ka30P

Default pond via elephant

After doing pond chores this morning I sat down
to watch some HGTV between ponding and quilting.
There was some show on about a botanical gardens.
They were talking about when the place was built.
They wanted a reflecting pond so they dug a hole
and filled it with water.
Only the water wouldn't stay. It would drain away.
So they happened to have an elephant nearby, at a
zoo. They walked the elephant over and let her wallow
in the mud and dirt and pretty soon she packed down
the stuff so well that the hole has held water ever
since!

kathy - who has fertilized lilies, trimmed back grasses
and iris, cleaned out waterfall, cleaned pump, cleaned
filter and feeling smug ;-)
Old 20-03-2004, 11:20 PM
Bonnie

kathy - who has fertilized lilies, trimmed back grasses
and iris, cleaned out waterfall, cleaned pump, cleaned
filter and feeling smug ;-)

I'll let you work on mine now, you may get a little chilled
though, there is still quite a bit of snow surrounding the
pond ;-)

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 20-03-2004, 11:21 PM
Ka30P

Bonnie wrote there is still quite a bit of snow surrounding the
pond

That is what will probably happen to me, feeling smug and all, we'll have a
freak snow!

kathy :-)
Old 20-03-2004, 11:21 PM
Pond Newbie

That was in Fort Worth. They 'borrowed' the elephant from the Fort Worth Zoo. I watched
that too, in between transplanting, and going to Home Depot for a bluebird house and pole
(and baffle to keep snakes and raccoons out). We came home with half a truckload of
topsoil, several plants, and a mountain laurel...lol.

I told my hubby about the show, and he said one of these weekends we will take a road trip
up there to see the gardens.

Well.. back to work. I have a birdhouse to put up....

DeAnna
--
http://lamb.iswiz.com/pond.php
If you remember that I prefer my spam without cheese-

"Ka30P" wrote in message

After doing pond chores this morning I sat down
to watch some HGTV between ponding and quilting.
There was some show on about a botanical gardens.
They were talking about when the place was built.
They wanted a reflecting pond so they dug a hole
and filled it with water.
Only the water wouldn't stay. It would drain away.
So they happened to have an elephant nearby, at a
zoo. They walked the elephant over and let her wallow
in the mud and dirt and pretty soon she packed down
the stuff so well that the hole has held water ever
since!

kathy - who has fertilized lilies, trimmed back grasses
and iris, cleaned out waterfall, cleaned pump, cleaned
filter and feeling smug ;-)

Elephant Ear in Colorado Pond G & K Meyer Ponds 11 10-05-2005 03:34 AM
pond via elephant Ka30P Ponds 7 21-03-2004 04:32 AM
elephant ears without the elephant Litl Fish Australia 5 15-06-2003 03:08 AM
elephant ears without the elephant Litl Fish Australia 0 27-05-2003 08:32 AM
Via Aqua pond pumps camper Ponds (alternative) 0 13-02-2003 12:55 AM