Old 26-03-2004, 05:43 PM
Doctor John

Default Skimmer for pond with variable water level

We have a fairly large pond - about 8000 gallons, 4 1/2 ft at deepest point.
I'd like to use a skimmer, but we are in a drought here in Colorado, and the
water level varies by as much as a foot (not enough well water to top it).
Any ideas on skimmer which works over such a height variation? I may try
building one, but if someone else has some thoughts on this, I'd sure
appreciate it.

Thanks

John

Old 26-03-2004, 08:32 PM
Drew Cutter

Not sure if this will work on a 8000 gal . pond . - OASE IP-200 - adjust
to 5 inches. Suitable for 4000 gph pumps with a minimum flow of 800 gph.

Old 29-03-2004, 05:02 PM
Lee B.

There is something called a No-Niche skimmer that has a floating basket that
covers 6" or so. You may wish to look at their diagrams and see if you can
jerry-rig something yourself to cover the greater distance.

Lee

Old 01-04-2004, 08:17 PM
Doctor John

Thanks for the info - I need the ability to handle a greater water level
change than this looks like it allows. I'm thinking of attaching an intake
hose to my pump and adding enough floatation to keep the other end at the
surface (of course being careful to have the actual water intake just below
the surface. Basically a floating skimmer where the entire skimmer floats.

thanks again

John