Old 29-03-2004, 04:33 PM
Lee B.

Default EPDM and rubber cement?

I need to secure the folds of a EPDM liner. This is NOT a matter of joining
two pieces, just eliminating a flap. Can rubber cement be used instead of
that expensive joining tape? If I had it all to do over, I would have
scrapped that new piece of EPDM in favor of a factory-made, drop-in Permalon
liner . . . but I already had the EPDM. Now I have to deal with the folds.

Suggestions?

Lee

Old 30-03-2004, 05:10 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

There is cement for EDPM. may be cheaper than tape

Roofing cement can be used if the fold is glued from the outside.

Jim

Old 30-03-2004, 06:44 AM
KenCo

Phyllis and Jim Hurley wrote:
There is cement for EDPM. may be cheaper than tape

Roofing cement can be used if the fold is glued from the outside.

Jim

use tire glue, EDPM is just a glorified inner tube

clean well and pretend its a huge tire patch

"Lee B." wrote in message

I need to secure the folds of a EPDM liner. This is NOT a matter of

joining

two pieces, just eliminating a flap. Can rubber cement be used instead of
that expensive joining tape? If I had it all to do over, I would have
scrapped that new piece of EPDM in favor of a factory-made, drop-in

Permalon

liner . . . but I already had the EPDM. Now I have to deal with the folds.

Suggestions?

Lee

http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Linux (SuSE 8.2) user #329121
Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced

Old 30-03-2004, 03:03 PM
Lee B.

THANKS! I thought I'd be able to do something like that. If it fails, it's
not like I'm gonna lose the contents of the tank - it just won't look quite
as "tidy".

Lee

"Lee B." wrote in message

I need to secure the folds of a EPDM liner. This is NOT a matter of

joining

two pieces, just eliminating a flap. Can rubber cement be used instead

of
that expensive joining tape? If I had it all to do over, I would have
scrapped that new piece of EPDM in favor of a factory-made, drop-in

Permalon

liner . . . but I already had the EPDM. Now I have to deal with the

folds.

Suggestions?

Lee

http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Linux (SuSE 8.2) user #329121
Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced

EPDM and contact cement FG Green Ponds (moderated) 0 22-10-2014 08:49 PM
FA: Brushcutter and Blower attachment, Coke Bottle openers, Door/Window Foam and rubber seals + More How do u what Australia 0 19-06-2006 02:30 PM
where in uk can i get EPDM roofing rubber sticky Ponds 0 08-10-2004 02:48 PM
What sticks to EPDM rubber Randy Ponds 2 15-06-2003 05:44 AM
Repairing EPDM rubber liner? Bob Ponds 2 03-06-2003 05:56 PM