GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mice or Moles - Liner friendly? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/58074-mice-moles-liner-friendly.html)

Gale Pearce 06-04-2004 09:29 PM

Mice or Moles - Liner friendly?

I just discovered I have mice or moles living in my waterfall mound. The
holes burrowed under the edges of rocks are ~ 1 1/2" in diameter. I set a
trap and caught a rodent with a 4 1/2" long X 1 1/2" diam body - it looks
like a mouse, but larger than any I have caught before - someone suggested
it's a mole
My question is does anyone know if they will chew through EPDM liner? If
not, rather than panic, I will keep trapping them one at a time to avoid
using poison. If they will chew liner, I will have to speed things up a bit.
TIA for any input
Gale :~)