Old 09-04-2004, 03:35 PM
Gareee©

Default Can a drain be put in for a liner pond?

If so, how do you make the drain connection to the liner, so it doesn't
leak?

I *might* attempt it, but the ground here is *so* rocky, that it becomes a
massive amount of physical labor.

--
Gareee©
Homepage:

Old 09-04-2004, 05:02 PM
Bonnie

Gareee© wrote:
If so, how do you make the drain connection to the liner, so it doesn't
leak?

I *might* attempt it, but the ground here is *so* rocky, that it becomes a
massive amount of physical labor.

I have a retrofitted bottom drain. There is no hole in the
liner, it sits on the bottom and the water is pumped into
the veggie filter. It's made by Tetra.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 10-04-2004, 02:03 AM
RichToyBox

Greg Bickel has a system called the Bickel Boot. It is similar to a system
used by roofers using the roofing liner to seal around vent pipes. Cut a
hole in the liner 1/2 the diameter of the pipe, force the pipe through the
hole and use a stainless steel pipe clamp ring to assure complete seal.
Several have used this for their bottom drains. I used bulkhead fittings to
go through the liner much higher off the bottom, with bottom drain feeding
in through the side of the pond. The four inch bolt together bulkhead
fitting leaked when I filled the pond back up, so I tightened all the screws
again, and again, and smeared bentonite into the joint and tightened again.
No leaks now. If it had been on the bottom, I never would have gotten it
stopped.
--
RichToyBox