GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   new pond pics! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/58622-new-pond-pics.html)

rasta 10-04-2004 09:02 PM

new pond pics!

hey all

got the pond together and it's ready to show. 300 gallons, it measures
about 7' x 3' x 2' deep and took two solid days to hand dig. it's
amazing how much dirt is in a small hole (the wife got a few new
flower beds in the process). am using a pondmaster 950 with the
discharge split to a venturi and a bioforce 1000, with that return
going through the urn.

the liner was laid sunday, with the excess pulled over the first
course of pavers, which allows me to fill about midway to the first
couse but was very fortunate that all sides remained level during
liner installation (the pleats on the corners of this formal pond
*almost* tripped that up ). finally got the urns in place tuesday,
spiked the filter with some substrate and filter material from a
tropical tank and circulated, adding three comets thursday. the fish
are doing well so i must have done something right ;-) .

being under a patio cover in zone 9 and receiving three hours of
direct morning sun should help with algael blooms (i hope). for extra
insurance, i added a small bale of barley. i plan to eventually stock
12 - 15 comets and am looking forward to share my knowledge when
possible.

pics can be found here :

http://rynholland.tripod.com/
http://rynholland.tripod.com/pond/id1.html
http://rynholland.tripod.com/pond/id2.html

GrannyGrump 11-04-2004 06:34 AM

new pond pics!

Nice! Love the urns....

~ Windsong ~ 11-04-2004 08:02 AM

new pond pics!

"rasta" wrote in message
hey all

got the pond together and it's ready to show. 300 gallons, it measures
about 7' x 3' x 2' deep and took two solid days to hand dig. it's
amazing how much dirt is in a small hole ..........

=============================
I love that pouring jug. :-) I have a frog spitter but the wildlife wont
let it be so we can't use it.
--
Carol....
"Ring bell for maid service...if no answer do it yourself."

matrix 11-04-2004 05:02 PM

new pond pics!

Very nice indeed!

Just Me \Koi\ 11-04-2004 05:32 PM

new pond pics!

Hey Ras,

I love your water return urn!

What does Rasta stand for? You are not a rude boy Rasta are you? Just
checking!

Irie!

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

rasta 11-04-2004 09:03 PM

new pond pics!

thanks for the comments.

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 16:28:05 GMT, "Just Me \"Koi\""
wrote:

Hey Ras,

I love your water return urn!

What does Rasta stand for? You are not a rude boy Rasta are you? Just
checking!

Irie!

the nick was given amny blue moons ago. mostly for my positive vibes
and apparent love of lamb's bread.

~ jan JJsPond.us 14-04-2004 05:32 AM

new pond pics!

Love the water return decanter, were you the one explaining how you made a
hole thru pottery in another thread? ~ jan

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 14:49:35 -0500, rasta wrote:

[...]

~ jan (Do you know where your water quality is?)

rasta 15-04-2004 05:02 AM

new pond pics!

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 04:08:48 GMT, ~ jan JJsPond.us
wrote:

Love the water return decanter, were you the one explaining how you made a
hole thru pottery in another thread? ~ jan

snip

yup, was i.

positive vibes, rasta