GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Plant questions (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/58944-plant-questions.html)

pmwebdesigns 15-04-2004 07:02 PM

Plant questions

I was think about the bottomdrains.
In the pond I have now I have plenty of hornwort and Anacharis.
The new pond will have bottondrains. Will this stuff get sucked up in the
drains and plug up?
Should I leave it out? Its floating plants.
Priss

Benign Vanilla 15-04-2004 07:32 PM

Plant questions

"pmwebdesigns" wrote in message
I was think about the bottomdrains.
In the pond I have now I have plenty of hornwort and Anacharis.
The new pond will have bottondrains. Will this stuff get sucked up in the
drains and plug up?
Should I leave it out? Its floating plants.

I have a 4'' BD, and plenty of floating plants. So far no suckage problems.

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

joe 15-04-2004 08:33 PM

Plant questions

I have anacharis in mine with a bottom drain. If the line is big enough
should be no problem. It just moves into the skimmer.

Joe