GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   safe coatings? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/59671-safe-coatings.html)

Ridge Roofing, Inc. 22-04-2004 10:04 PM

safe coatings?

I have a deck that goes out over my pond. Is there anything I can use
to treat the wood that will not harm the fish? I'm looking for some
thing that will waterproof and extend the life of the deck but I don't
want to harm the fish. Thanks

joe 23-04-2004 12:14 AM

safe coatings?

Mine does too. I just used Behr deck stain. I assumed that as long as the
stain itself doesn't drip into the water it should be ok.

Joe

jrock64 23-04-2004 04:08 AM

safe coatings?

After I worked on this water wheel for 3 months I wanted something to
protect it that would not hurt the fish in the pond

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jro...m=My+Pond2.jpg

After I searched for weeks I found this website.
An absolutely safe weather proofing product.

http://www.weatherbos.com/

Applied to the point of run off three years ago and it still looks as good
as the day I built it.
Verry pricey but it did do everything as promised.

jrock