GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Veggie Filters vs UV Filters ?? Thanks-- Ooops ! More. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/60241-re-veggie-filters-vs-uv-filters-re-thanks-ooops-more.html)

Bette E 29-04-2004 10:10 PM

Veggie Filters vs UV Filters ?? Thanks-- Ooops ! More.

Sorry, I hit send by mistake.
(I also take out the water hyacinth--)
After the 1st freeze, I use a "Thermo-Pond" 100 watt heater and a air
pump with a spliter that goes to (2) four inch disc bubblers. The pond
freezes at times to about a 4 or 5 inch depth, but the heater combined
with the bubbler, keeps a hole open all winter. I usually disconnect the
waterfalls in late Dec. or early Jan. unless it is a really cold winter.
I haven't lost a hardy lily yet.