Old 02-05-2004, 07:07 PM
Evil Noodle

Default Murky Pond

I have a small pond which has been established for about six years,
has never been filtered and only contains a couple of 5" goldfish.

Wanting to finally do something with it all, (and seeing further down than
four inches would be nice) I bought a Fishmate pressurised filter with UV.
Now I'm sure this is great once it's been running for a time but at the
moment the filter sponge is too coarse to catch the sediment that has been
stirred up, and I now have a pond I can't see more than two inches into.

So the question is how long on average will I have to wait before the
filter shows results? it's already killing the algae but again it's not
filtering
it out very efficiently yet.

Cheers.

Murky pond water unspokenchaos Ponds 16 05-06-2012 05:18 PM
One year on and still a brown, murky pond whiskybelle Ponds 5 13-01-2011 03:13 PM
Murky pond... Bootfit Ponds (moderated) 5 02-04-2008 05:20 PM
Murky pond Jeanne Ponds (alternative) 0 29-05-2006 05:58 AM
Murky Waters Travis Ponds 0 17-06-2003 06:44 PM