GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Why is my pond turning tea colored? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/60416-why-my-pond-turning-tea-colored.html)

Michael Shaffer 02-05-2004 07:05 PM

Why is my pond turning tea colored?

My pond looks brown/tea colored. I haven't changed anything, the only
thing I can think of is rain or oak pollen (both of which we've had a
lot of in the last 2 weeks). Is there anything I can do to get the water
clear again, or at least green. The brown water just looks like sewage
or something.

Thanks
Mike

RichToyBox 03-05-2004 02:08 AM

Why is my pond turning tea colored?

The tea color is tannins and it is probably coming from the oak pollen. The
only ways that I know of to get the tea color out is one a major water
change, the other is the use of activated charcoal.
--
RichToyBox

Happy'Cam'per 03-05-2004 12:05 PM

Why is my pond turning tea colored?

The tannins are good for your eco system, they act as an anti-oxidiser. Good
for the fish and plants, it will clear up as soon as the pollen wave is
over.
--
**So long, and thanks for all the fish!**