GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   help with cement (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/61054-help-cement.html)

urmomass 11-05-2004 05:07 AM

help with cement

hi all
i'm new and i'm trying to build a waterfall in the backyard. i dont
know what to get from home depot or what is the right cement mixture..
please help.... and what is a good sealing product to get from home
depot
TIA

Sean Dinh 11-05-2004 05:14 PM

help with cement

For my bog's ledge, I used 'crack resistant' premix concrete from HD. For
your waterfall, my guess would be that 'crack resistant' stuco premix
would be ok.

Google 'fake rock making' to better idea for the method and mix. Since I
used 60# for the ledge, I didn't bother sealing. I hosed it and then fill
the pond. If the area of the waterfall that water would flow on is small
compared to your pond, you would not need to seal it.