GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   I sunk to a high in ponding (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/61119-i-sunk-high-ponding.html)

Benign Vanilla 12-05-2004 04:09 AM

I sunk to a high in ponding

Sunday I traded a bottle of beer for a rigid pond liner. Location TBD, but I
think it will be up by the deck in a dead area that we don't use at all
except to pile junk. I wish I were joking about this, but I am not.

BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

Jim and Phyllis Hurley 12-05-2004 04:09 AM

I sunk to a high in ponding

Some people can do anything with a bottle of beer. Plant plants; get
liners...what next? Koi?

Congrats

Jim

Ask me about Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net

. ..

Just Me \Koi\ 12-05-2004 07:16 AM

I sunk to a high in ponding

Who was the beer giver? You or the other?

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

Ka30P 12-05-2004 03:06 PM

I sunk to a high in ponding

'Pondlets' come in handy for storing plants
that you've brought home and don't have time
to repot yet. See, there's a method to your
madness...

kathy :-)

Steve and Lisa 12-05-2004 03:06 PM

I sunk to a high in ponding

Domestic or Imported? ;)
(If it was Bud or Miller you got the better deal.....lol)

Benign Vanilla 16-05-2004 05:07 PM

I sunk to a high in ponding

"Just Me "Koi"" wrote in message
Who was the beer giver? You or the other?

snip

Me. I traded a beer for a liner.

I guess I should tell the story...My neighbor has a nice pond. He used to
have a second pond that spilled over into the main pond, but he took it out
when he was planning a redesign. He is now thinking of moving. The liner
therefore sat unused under the deck, so he offered it to me. He wouldn't
take money, so I thrust upon him a litre of Sam Adam Chocolate Bock. It was
the least I can do. So essentially I got a new rigid liner for $16...but in
BV speak...I traded a bottle of beer for a pond liner.

BV.

Benign Vanilla 16-05-2004 05:10 PM

I sunk to a high in ponding

"Ka30P" wrote in message

'Pondlets' come in handy for storing plants
that you've brought home and don't have time
to repot yet. See, there's a method to your
madness...

I told my bro in law about the new liner, and he already offered to help
install it. He inherited his pond with his new house, so I think he is eager
to install one.

BV.

Just Me \Koi\ 17-05-2004 03:11 AM

I sunk to a high in ponding

You have restored my faith in the universe or at least in my buddy BV!

--