Old 18-05-2004, 06:33 PM
Registered User

Default Sludge (yuk)

can anyone tell me how to get sludge out of my pond (3feetx 6feet x 24inches deep) i do not want to spend £200 on a vacum system. Any ideas :-)
yours Arjay
Old 18-05-2004, 08:14 PM
Ka30P

Arjay wrote can anyone tell me how to get sludge out of my pond (3feetx
6feet x
24inches deep)

Grow up two teenage boys,
drain pond, remove fish to netted kiddy pool,
shovel out sludge, fertilize happy plants,
refill pond, treat water for chlorine or chloramines (depending on your water
supply) put fish back in.
Reward teenagers with pizza and soda.
Repeat every year.
Don't let kids leave home...

kathy :-)
Old 18-05-2004, 08:15 PM
Gail Futoran

"arjay" wrote in
message
s.com...
can anyone tell me how to get sludge out of my pond

(3feetx 6feet x
24inches deep) i do not want to spend £200 on a vacum

system. Any ideas
:-)
yours Arjay
--
arjay

A shop vac works. Not cheap but not too
expensive, and useful for other things, too.

Gail

Old 18-05-2004, 10:07 PM
Sean Dinh

That would cost more than £200 .

Ka30P wrote:

Grow up two teenage boys,

Old 19-05-2004, 12:22 AM

it is best to drain the pond filling a kiddie pool, then move the fish the pool and
clean the pond out. do this while the temp of the pond water is the temp of the
water coming out of your tap so there is no temp shock.
Ingrid

arjay wrote:

can anyone tell me how to get sludge out of my pond (3feetx 6feet x
24inches deep) i do not want to spend £200 on a vacum system. Any ideas
:-)
yours Arjay

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Old 19-05-2004, 12:25 AM
Gale Pearce

Yup - you can use a product called SludgeBuster to eat it up - actually any
"bacteria additive" will help
Gale :~)
s.com...

Old 19-05-2004, 01:06 AM
dkat

i have read everything from 100,000 to 1,000,000 u.s. $$$. my 2 are going
for the upper number...

note on putting fish in kiddie pool. if you have raccoons they will
appreciate if you serve a little bit of green along with the fish.... of
course if the kiddie pool is used for only the one day, or put in the
garage, or surrounded by land mines, it probably won't be dining at chez
dinh's ...

"Sean Dinh" wrote in message
That would cost more than £200 .

Ka30P wrote:

Grow up two teenage boys,

Old 19-05-2004, 04:10 AM
George

"Ka30P" wrote in message
Arjay wrote can anyone tell me how to get sludge out of my pond (3feetx
6feet x
24inches deep)

Grow up two teenage boys,
drain pond, remove fish to netted kiddy pool,
shovel out sludge, fertilize happy plants,
refill pond, treat water for chlorine or chloramines (depending on your water
supply) put fish back in.
Reward teenagers with pizza and soda.
Repeat every year.
Don't let kids leave home...

Gee, you are optimistic!

Old 19-05-2004, 04:10 AM
Ka30P

George wrote Gee, you are optimistic!

I've got to be ;-)
Right now I've got two broken teenage boys.
One in a cast, one with a tube in his chest with a collapsed lung. I expect
them both to be in good working order by mid-Summer.

kathy :-)
Old 19-05-2004, 05:04 AM
George

"Ka30P" wrote in message
George wrote Gee, you are optimistic!

I've got to be ;-)
Right now I've got two broken teenage boys.
One in a cast, one with a tube in his chest with a collapsed lung. I expect
them both to be in good working order by mid-Summer.

kathy :-)

If that is the worst of it, you are doing well. Don't get in started on when my
step-daughters were teenagers! Man, I am glad those days are over! I hope your
sons get well soon.

Old 19-05-2004, 01:04 PM
Steve and Lisa

Lily Blooms sells a "muck vac" that is not that expensive. Are they not that
good?
http://www.lilyblooms.com/product.php?bigcat=2&cat=31

It's 70 USD, that would be around £39.62. Not sure if there is something
similar in the UK.

Lisa
s.com...

Old 19-05-2004, 09:03 PM
Benign Vanilla

"arjay" wrote in message
s.com...
can anyone tell me how to get sludge out of my pond (3feetx 6feet x
24inches deep) i do not want to spend £200 on a vacum system. Any ideas

I have two devices. One if left handed and the other right. They attach to
the end my arms.

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

Old 20-05-2004, 10:03 PM

Ten years and I had never cleaned my pond. Water was crystal clear. , fish
healthy. Sludge on the bottom casue it's a pond not an indoor
aquarium...MIKE
"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

s.com...

Old 20-05-2004, 10:04 PM

Reason I cleaned it, was I had Koi that were huge(They loved their diet of
floating catfish chow) and I wanted to have plants. Sold off the Koi and am
stocking with hardy fantails. Mike
wrote in message ...
Ten years and I had never cleaned my pond. Water was crystal clear. , fish
healthy. Sludge on the bottom casue it's a pond not an indoor
aquarium...MIKE
"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

s.com...