Old 19-05-2004, 03:06 PM
Mike Patterson

Default Good news/bad news

Wow, haven't seen the liner since February... (new pond).

Just in the last couple of days the water has cleared up so much that
I can see the bottom (pond is 22 to 32 inches deep).

But it seems that a predator (I'm guessing a Heron) has also found the
clear water helpful.

It's hard to tell for certain, but I think I lost 5-6 goldfish last
night/this morning. The one or two that are left are panicked when I
get near the pond.

At least a couple of the shiners are still there, but they're even
harder to see than the goldfish.

@#$^%$#^$

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody. I should have been more specific..."
Old 19-05-2004, 03:06 PM
Steve and Lisa

Aw Mike sorry to hear that. We had a Heron attack on Sunday......and the
survivors are just now starting to come up....but won't eat till I leave
their site.

Lisa

Old 19-05-2004, 08:09 PM
Jim Humphries

The only real solution is to net the pond. It does not look bad and it
works every time. Otherwise you will become another "stop" on the heron's
foraging route.
--
Jim and Sara Humphries, Victoria, BC
"Mike Patterson" wrote in message
Wow, haven't seen the liner since February... (new pond).

Just in the last couple of days the water has cleared up so much that
I can see the bottom (pond is 22 to 32 inches deep).

But it seems that a predator (I'm guessing a Heron) has also found the
clear water helpful.

It's hard to tell for certain, but I think I lost 5-6 goldfish last
night/this morning. The one or two that are left are panicked when I
get near the pond.

At least a couple of the shiners are still there, but they're even
harder to see than the goldfish.

@#$^%$#^$

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody. I should have been more specific..."

Cyclamen - the bad news and the good news Spider[_2_] United Kingdom 18 20-11-2009 10:38 PM
apple harvest and canning; good news and bad news Archimedes Plutonium Plant Science 1 08-08-2008 07:10 AM
Well there's good news and bad news.... Janet Baraclough United Kingdom 32 26-06-2004 11:48 AM
Good News-Bad News Bob Adkins Ponds 2 14-09-2003 06:32 PM
There is good news and bad news Essjay001 United Kingdom 0 10-06-2003 02:32 AM