GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What is this guy? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/61782-what-guy.html)

BenignVanilla 20-05-2004 02:07 PM

What is this guy?

Anyone have any idea what this guy is? And JMK, if you say, "A frog". I will
come over there and beat you with one of your koi.

http://www.darofamily.com/jeff/files...2/p1010012.jpg

BV.

P.S. Had my first lily flower today.

Bonnie 20-05-2004 03:05 PM

What is this guy?

BenignVanilla wrote:
Anyone have any idea what this guy is? And JMK, if you say, "A frog". I will
come over there and beat you with one of your koi.

http://www.darofamily.com/jeff/files...2/p1010012.jpg

BV.

P.S. Had my first lily flower today.

Hi,

I think it looks like a leopard frog.
--
Bonnie
NJ

T 20-05-2004 04:08 PM

What is this guy?

"Bonnie" wrote in message
BenignVanilla wrote:
Anyone have any idea what this guy is? And JMK, if you say, "A frog". I

will
come over there and beat you with one of your koi.

http://www.darofamily.com/jeff/files...2/p1010012.jpg

BV.

P.S. Had my first lily flower today.

Hi,

I think it looks like a leopard frog.
--
Bonnie
NJ

Get a picture of its back, so people can ID the colouration that way to..
Looks like a leapord, but that would be assuming...

Tim

Mouse 20-05-2004 05:21 PM

What is this guy?

"Steve and Lisa" wrote in message
Dunno what he is, but he sure is cute!

Lisa
"BenignVanilla" wrote in message
Anyone have any idea what this guy is? And JMK, if you say, "A frog". I

will
come over there and beat you with one of your koi.

http://www.darofamily.com/jeff/files...2/p1010012.jpg

BV.

P.S. Had my first lily flower today.

Give it a kiss and see if it turns into a Prince :-)

Mouse (Yorkshire UK)

Steve and Lisa 20-05-2004 06:08 PM

What is this guy?

Nah.....I have my prince already...but wouldn't mind having this little
froggy froggy in our pond. :o)
For some unknown reason our frog hides from me. :o(
Lisa

BenignVanilla 20-05-2004 07:08 PM

What is this guy?

"T" wrote in message
ink.net...
snip
Get a picture of its back, so people can ID the colouration that way to..
Looks like a leapord, but that would be assuming...

I've tried. My green/bronze frogs are cool with me. They let me take
pictures, touche them, etc. This guy is quite shy. We have some smaller guys
to that jump in when we get within 20 feet of the pond. We call them peepers
as they making a "peep" sound as they jump in.

BV.

BenignVanilla 20-05-2004 07:09 PM

What is this guy?

"Heather" wrote in message
My money is on Northern Green Frog- female.

snip

Really? Even with the sharp contrast in markings? I always thought greeens
had less complicated marks.

BV.

Mike Patterson 20-05-2004 08:06 PM

What is this guy?

You're near ATL, right?

Come on down to my house any evening and you can have as many frogs as
you can catch. They don't hide from me, I suspect it's because they
know they have me badly outnumbered and that I'm a little afraid of
them after watching too many B-movies as a kid:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...27959?v=glance

My wife says the noise is driving her nuts. (From the frogs, not me.
Or at least that's what I -thought- she meant...)

Mike

"Mouse" wrote in message

Give it a kiss and see if it turns into a Prince :-)

Mouse (Yorkshire UK)

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody. I should have been more specific..."

T 20-05-2004 08:07 PM

What is this guy?

Black spots on the back?? It looks like a leapord frog.. If there are blacks
circulair spots on the back, it is most likely one of the leapords. Used to
catch them as a kid and used them in the science lab in grade 8.

Tim...

Ka30P 20-05-2004 09:04 PM

What is this guy?

Looks like a leopard frog
to me, too.
Only I'll go one further and say southern leopard frog
http://www.npwrc.usgs.gov/narcam/idguide/ranaut.htm

kathy :-)

Susan H. Simko 20-05-2004 10:07 PM

What is this guy?

BenignVanilla wrote:

I've tried. My green/bronze frogs are cool with me. They let me take
pictures, touche them, etc. This guy is quite shy. We have some smaller guys
to that jump in when we get within 20 feet of the pond. We call them peepers
as they making a "peep" sound as they jump in.

Green frogs are known for making a noise when they jump into the water.

I tend towarrds gree frog also on ID. I have a few in my pond that look
like that. *smile*

Susan
shsimko[@]duke[.]edu

Ka30P 20-05-2004 11:11 PM

What is this guy?

Bullfrogs also squeak when surprised
into jumping in the water.
Have you heard your new visitor yet?
That ought to help ID it.

Lady Bullfrog here has moved onto the island
in the big pond. She seems to have settled in.
Treefrog taddies are growing nicely in the bog.

kathy :-)

Just Me \Koi\ 21-05-2004 03:07 PM

What is this guy?

Well! If you feel that way then! (muttering under my breath about being
censored in a newsgroup!)

--
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: