GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Bird droppings (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/61888-bird-droppings.html)

Cin1754 22-05-2004 12:07 AM

Bird droppings

Any suggestions for keeping the birds off the rocks around the pond? I don't
mind a few, maybe bathing in the waterfall, but the bird droppings are horrible
all around the perimeter of the pond.

[email protected] 22-05-2004 05:09 AM

Bird droppings

bird netting.

(Cin1754) wrote:

Any suggestions for keeping the birds off the rocks around the pond? I don't
mind a few, maybe bathing in the waterfall, but the bird droppings are horrible
all around the perimeter of the pond.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Benign Vanilla 26-05-2004 05:19 PM

Bird droppings

"Cin1754" wrote in message
Any suggestions for keeping the birds off the rocks around the pond? I

don't
mind a few, maybe bathing in the waterfall, but the bird droppings are

horrible
all around the perimeter of the pond.

I have not had too much of a problem with this, but that is probably because
I don't have much in the way of rocks around the pond. Also, I typically use
a small 200gph or so pump to pump water out of the pond to water plants
nearby the pond. This way I am using the nutrient rich water to water the
terrestrial plants, and I am also forcing myself to do a water change (not
that I need to do that with my damn leaky stream). Anyway, maybe if you did
the same you could also rinse the bird droppings away from time to time.

BV.