GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   The parrot's feather that would not die.... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/61979-parrots-feather-would-not-die.html)

Ka30P 23-05-2004 07:38 AM

The parrot's feather that would not die....

Last summer I was surprised to find a bunch of
parrot's feather had survived after being yanked
out of the frog bog and tossed into the compost
pile.
Then we had a real crazy winter for us, 19 below,
followed by tons of snow.
Today I was out surveying the backyard and there
in the dregs of the old compost pile was parrot's
feather coming up again!!
(And it still survives in the frog bog ;-)

kathy :-)

~ jan JJsPond.us 23-05-2004 07:50 AM

The parrot's feather that would not die....

You know I got rid of all my parrot's feather..... found a little sprig
growing from those WH's we got from Paul. I'll leave it for now. ;o) ~ jan

Remydog 23-05-2004 02:03 PM

The parrot's feather that would not die....

Being in the compost pile is probably what saved it. Compost piles generate
warmth and moisture as they are working.

s.com...

Jim and Phyllis Hurley 23-05-2004 02:03 PM

The parrot's feather that would not die....

Our parrots feather went through the MS winter...not very hard. We are
hoping the tangled stems will hide some fry this year.

Phyllis

Ask me about Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net

John Rutz 23-05-2004 05:05 PM

The parrot's feather that would not die....

yea i pulled all the cattails out of my pond lasyt fall and laid em out
to dry...... I noticed yesterday they are starting to grow.

John

Laurie Higbee 24-05-2004 07:06 PM

The parrot's feather that would not die....

I cant keep parrots feather my koi eat it for someteason. So we built
another pond for my gold fish and now havin a hard time finding it here in
SC .
Laurie