GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   clams (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/62049-clams.html)

Don 24-05-2004 03:04 AM

clams

Are freshwater clams harmful to a fish pond?

--
Don

Ka30P 24-05-2004 06:06 AM

clams

Don wrote Are freshwater clams harmful to a fish pond?

Not that we've heard of.
I remember one ponder put some in her lily basket and was rewarded the next
year with lots of little baby clams.

kathy :-)

Sam Hopkins 26-05-2004 09:12 PM

clams

Fresh water mussels reproduce by spewing their babies into the water.
They then attach to fish, swim around with them, do some type of life
cycle thing and then drop off. They dont hurt the fish as far as I
know.

You can get mussels mailed to you from Zetts. 1-814-345-5357. They are
$1.00 each and they will ship them to you UPS.

Dances With Ferrets 27-05-2004 05:04 AM

clams

This is a reference to a pertinent reply that I posted on a different
newsgroup regarding clams.

http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&...rden.pond.chat

not sure if HTML on these newsgroups automatically picks this up as a
link, if not, just cut & paste it into the browser window.

Benign Vanilla 27-05-2004 02:11 PM

clams

"Sam Hopkins" wrote in message
om...
Fresh water mussels reproduce by spewing their babies into the water.
They then attach to fish, swim around with them, do some type of life
cycle thing and then drop off. They dont hurt the fish as far as I
know.

You can get mussels mailed to you from Zetts. 1-814-345-5357. They are
$1.00 each and they will ship them to you UPS.

I'd sure like to try this...

BV.