Old 27-05-2004, 11:04 PM
joy2wrld

Default Still green... & Great Dye Experiment

Hi Rec. Ponders:

I think everyone in newsgroup thought it was a joke when I suggested putting
Mrs. Stewart's blueing into their ponds. Like I said, your Grandmothers and
perhaps your Mother's put it in the washing machines to make white clothes
whiter and brighter.

Today, it's used in ponds and birdbaths. I've used in my 1300+pond for 4-5
years. It turns the pond a nice blue color and the great thing about it,
the blue color disappears along with the algae. Try it and let me know what
you think.

By the way, Mrs. Smith's website to learn about this product is
www.mrsstewart.com

Just a suggestion but it does work.

Joy

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

"Go Fig" wrote in message
snip
For years here, some posters here have singled out UVs for this
'natural' argument, I don't get it... what could be more unnatural than
an electric water pump ??? UV is a natural occurring action on all
ponds, natural or ornamental.

snip

I'll bite on this one, but first let me say I am not against UV. I think

UV
clarifiers have a place in ponds, when desired. Hell, I've thought of
putting one in, but I prefer the more natural method of letting the pond
establish balance. Yes, my pond takes longer to clear then my neighbors

with
UV, but mine is clearing because I get a balance of going and the pond
begins "to take care of itself" so to speak. I like the sense of that. I

dug
a hole, I threw some water in, and now the critters are coming to roost.

BV.