Old 29-05-2004, 05:05 PM
Sandy

Default Building a stone wall waterfall/pond

I'm getting ready to build one of these, has anyone attempted this
before? Do you have any photos? Thanks
Old 29-05-2004, 08:04 PM
TXCowboyCouple

I have not used great stuff for a waterfall, but for a halloween project. I got
mine at home depot for about $3.99 a can
Old 29-05-2004, 09:06 PM
Ka30P

TXCowboyCouple wrote I have not used great stuff for a waterfall, but for a
halloween project.

Being a halloween geek, I must know, what
did you make??

kathy :-)
Old 30-05-2004, 04:02 PM
Jim and Phyllis Hurley

Hi Sandy,

Can you give us some more information about your project? The ng will have
people who have tried about anything you can think of...or something similar
that will generalize to your application.

We all love to hear about new ponds going in. Even better, we love photos!
Ask the group about shareholders' pond (Begnin Vanilla's project that was
monitored by the group for so long that he awarded us honorary shares in the
pond. BV is a regular contributor!)

Our pond (cf. website) has a couple of falls made of rock. Each has a pool
below. We used liner behind the rock to get rid of leak hassles. It has
paid off well! No leaks.

Good luck. Keep us posted. Ask lots of questions if you have them.

Jim

Ask me about Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net

om...

Old 30-05-2004, 05:06 PM
TXCowboyCouple

I made a 6 and a half foot tall stone looking column/tombstone with an animated
talking skull in it. It took about 13 cans of great stuff. it was bascialy
built of large card board boxes and covered with great stuff, and painted to
look like stone. The talking skull was from walmart, for about 20 bucks.

Old 30-05-2004, 07:07 PM
Ka30P

Oh! WOW! :-)

txcowboycouple wrote I made a 6 and a half foot tall stone looking

Old 31-05-2004, 03:07 AM
TXCowboyCouple

At halloween this little boy, about 5 years old, in a frog costume, came into
the "graveyard", the skull started talking, and the little boy was starlted at
first. Then he
he stood taller and announced "i'm not afraid" it was so cute
Old 31-05-2004, 05:09 AM
Ka30P

The middle schoolers (alas all high schoolers now) set up our homemade coffin
in our yard. One boy, pale, rather green with black fingernails (supplied by
resident big sister) would lay in it with candy in his hand. Extra candy was
available to all who would dare take it from his hand. They let all little kids
take the candy unmolested. Kids their own age got the appropriate frightful
moment.

txcowboycouple wrote At halloween this little boy, about 5 years old, in a

Old 14-07-2004, 06:04 PM
Ed and Mary Sturdivant

I have some green frogs in my 16X12 pond. I suspect my goldfish of eating
the small tadpoles. Would rosey reds be better to have in the pond from
the standpoint of mosquito control and leaving the tadpoles alone? Anyone
have any experience along these lines/ Thanks, Ed Sturdivant
om...

Old 14-07-2004, 07:03 PM
Susan H. Simko

Ed and Mary Sturdivant wrote:
I have some green frogs in my 16X12 pond. I suspect my goldfish of eating
the small tadpoles. Would rosey reds be better to have in the pond from
the standpoint of mosquito control and leaving the tadpoles alone? Anyone
have any experience along these lines/ Thanks, Ed Sturdivant

Personally, I want the goldfish to eat some of them just to keep the
population down. They don't eat toad tadpoles and I literally have
thousands in my pond. You want a few frogs, not thousands. I don't
know how many frog tadpoles I have now but I'm certain there's some.
THere's lots of plants to hide in and I figure if fish eggs manage to
hatch into baby fish and grow up, so must some frogs.

Susan
shsimko[@]duke[.]edu

Old 14-07-2004, 08:03 PM
Ka30P

You can always build a second pond just for the frogs. A darned good excuse for
a second pond.

kathy
proud owner of The Frog Bog