Old 30-05-2004, 03:03 PM
Mickey

Default Is anyone aware of an energy efficient submersible pump.

I have a sequence 750 that pumps about 2300 gph at 8 foot of head and draws
1.5 amps. I am also looking at this Cimarron. I would like to find a low
head submersible pump to put in the center of the pond to help keep the
bottom circulating.Any ideas most of the submersible I find are not very
efficient.

http://www.mdminc.com/Cimarron.htm

Old 30-05-2004, 04:05 PM
Grubber

"Mickey" wrote in message
I have a sequence 750 that pumps about 2300 gph at 8 foot of head and

draws
1.5 amps. I am also looking at this Cimarron. I would like to find a low
head submersible pump to put in the center of the pond to help keep the
bottom circulating.Any ideas most of the submersible I find are not very
efficient.

http://www.mdminc.com/Cimarron.htm

I have the Cimmaron and I like it, but it's my first external pump so I
don't have anything to reference it to.

For submersibles, Laguna is the most efficient I've found. I have a Laguna
5000 - 1640 GPH for 85 watts - hooked up with a vortex to aerate and
circulate my 4000 gal pond. Keeps things moving pretty well.

Old 30-05-2004, 04:05 PM
Grubber

"Grubber" wrote in message
link.net...
"Mickey" wrote in message
I have a sequence 750 that pumps about 2300 gph at 8 foot of head and

draws
1.5 amps. I am also looking at this Cimarron. I would like to find a low
head submersible pump to put in the center of the pond to help keep the
bottom circulating.Any ideas most of the submersible I find are not very
efficient.

http://www.mdminc.com/Cimarron.htm

I have the Cimmaron and I like it, but it's my first external pump so I
don't have anything to reference it to.

For submersibles, Laguna is the most efficient I've found. I have a

Laguna
5000 - 1640 GPH for 85 watts - hooked up with a vortex to aerate and
circulate my 4000 gal pond. Keeps things moving pretty well.

That should read venturi, not vortex. I'll be getting some coffee now...

Old 30-05-2004, 05:05 PM
Just Me \Koi\

Save me some, I need it this morning!

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

Old 31-05-2004, 01:05 AM
John Bachman

On Sun, 30 May 2004 08:48:37 -0500, "Mickey"
wrote:

I have a sequence 750 that pumps about 2300 gph at 8 foot of head and draws
1.5 amps. I am also looking at this Cimarron. I would like to find a low
head submersible pump to put in the center of the pond to help keep the
bottom circulating.Any ideas most of the submersible I find are not very
efficient.

What is your definition of efficiency? Mine is work out vs energy in.
Your pump is consuming approximately 1/6 hp to raise 2300 gallons 8
feet every hour. 2300 gallons of water weighs approximately 9 tons
and your 1/6 hp pump is raising that 8 feet. Sounds pretty efficient
to me.

John

Old 31-05-2004, 03:03 PM
Mickey

I agree it is efficient. I want to find a submersible pump just as efficient
to drive a fountain feature. It will pull water from the bottom through a 5
gallon bucket to drive my turtle fountain. It is a sprinkler for the yard
that I modified for the pond.

wrote:

I have a sequence 750 that pumps about 2300 gph at 8 foot of head and
draws
1.5 amps. I am also looking at this Cimarron. I would like to find a low
head submersible pump to put in the center of the pond to help keep the
bottom circulating.Any ideas most of the submersible I find are not very
efficient.

What is your definition of efficiency? Mine is work out vs energy in.
Your pump is consuming approximately 1/6 hp to raise 2300 gallons 8
feet every hour. 2300 gallons of water weighs approximately 9 tons
and your 1/6 hp pump is raising that 8 feet. Sounds pretty efficient
to me.

John

Green Energy Summit 2009: Clean Technology, Renewable Energy, and Sustainability Shaguf Ponds 0 19-11-2008 04:25 AM
Green Energy Summit 2009: Clean Technology, Renewable Energy, and Sustainability Shaguf Ponds 0 19-11-2008 04:25 AM
WTB: Submersible pump Mike Ponds 1 28-06-2004 06:02 AM
Meta-Efficient: A Guide To the Most Efficient Things In The World [email protected] Edible Gardening 0 08-05-2004 01:04 AM
Help withRresearch of 1800 GPH Energy Efficient Pump Chris Ponds 2 10-05-2003 01:32 AM