GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   All the Pond plants are dying (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/62720-all-pond-plants-dying.html)

Philip Gould 30-05-2004 07:07 PM

All the Pond plants are dying

Hello
I hope someone will help All of the pond plants are turning yellow and dying
mostly the waterlily water and hyacinths
We have a new pond 3000 gallon pond and the Ph is 7 which is supposed to be
fine the fish are happy the ammonia is fine but the nitrogen is a little
high Can you please help!

Hal 30-05-2004 11:08 PM

All the Pond plants are dying

On Sun, 30 May 2004 17:09:14 GMT, "Philip Gould"
wrote:

Hello
I hope someone will help All of the pond plants are turning yellow and dying
mostly the waterlily water and hyacinths
We have a new pond 3000 gallon pond and the Ph is 7 which is supposed to be
fine the fish are happy the ammonia is fine but the nitrogen is a little
high Can you please help!

When the water hyacinths begin to turn pale and draw nutrients from
old leaves add Muriate of Potash at the rate of 1oz per 1,000 gallons.
(Plants must have potash to use phosphates.)

Magnesium deficiency shows same symptoms add 1 oz Epsom Salts per
1,000 gallons.

Regards,

Hal