Old 13-06-2004, 10:02 AM
Rodney Pont

Default Polyethylene beads in UK

Anyone know where to get polyethylene beads for a filter from in the
UK?

Preferably somewhere near North Yorkshire.

Expanded polystyrene ones are easy to get (bean bag refills) but I
suspect they are too buoyant to clean easily.

I've also been looking at water butts to put them in but they all seem
to have very flimsy lids but this dustbin
http://www.laoffice.co.uk/Janitorial...ugh-122564.htm looks
as though I could bolt the lid down to seal it without too much
trouble.

Does anyone know of where to get anything better?

--
Regards - Rodney Pont

Old 13-06-2004, 10:02 PM
Matt Helliwell

Rodney Pont wrote:
Anyone know where to get polyethylene beads for a filter from in the
UK?

I was about to post and ask the same question. is it polyethylene or
polypropylene that is best for a filter or doesn't it matter?

Preferably somewhere near North Yorkshire.

or Camberley, Surrey in my case. This lot are in Yorkshire though:
http://www.theppb.co.uk/

Expanded polystyrene ones are easy to get (bean bag refills) but I
suspect they are too buoyant to clean easily.

And too large as well I would have thought.

(cross posted to uk.d-i-y)

--
Matt Helliwell
matt at helliwell d0t me d0t uk

New Blueberry 'Bluecrop' - new leaves wilting & "beads" of sap(?) on other leaves hjl Edible Gardening 2 17-04-2004 11:06 PM
Best Floating Beads Drew Cutter Ponds 24 24-03-2004 08:43 AM
annother newbie ? liners, Polyethylene vs EPDM Megan Wilson Ponds 4 14-07-2003 09:02 PM
20 mil Polyethylene ok? Michael Shaffer Ponds 9 15-05-2003 12:56 PM
Little round beads Chris Rowe United Kingdom 11 24-03-2003 02:08 PM