GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   barley straw article (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/64705-barley-straw-article.html)

Ka30P 16-06-2004 02:06 AM

barley straw article

Found a good article on barley straw so added it to the
algae primer.
http://www.aquabotanic.com/barleyarticle.html

kathy :-)

Sean Dinh 16-06-2004 03:05 AM

barley straw article

The amount of straw seems quite little. I've thinking the requirement
would be hugh, since people keep mentioning bale.

I went to a farm store earlier, here in Las Vegas. They had no barley,
only wheat. Floating fish pellets went for $12/50 lb. Trout pellets went
for $19/50 lb.

Anyone knows a different store besides the one on Industrial/Russel?

Carl Beyer 16-06-2004 06:04 PM

barley straw article

Ka30P wrote:

Found a good article on barley straw so added it to the
algae primer.
http://www.aquabotanic.com/barleyarticle.html

kathy :-)

In LA we can get barley staw as a big bale, a small "bale" which is
about 12X2X10 in size (inches) and then you can get what I get which is
Barley Pellets. They come with a little mesh bag to put them in and it
is rated at like a cup per 400 gallons or something like that. I have
pretty good success with this stuff...

Carl

http://www.cobaltbluefilms.com