GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Phyllis and Jim Hurley (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/66712-phyllis-jim-hurley.html)

Jim and Phyllis Hurley 19-06-2004 05:05 AM

Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Phyllis and I are in Mississippi.

Phyllis is a school administrator of a K-12 system and I am a minister and
professor of family therapy. I am 59, she is 58.

We got into ponding about 6 years ago when we built a 2900 gal pond and then
1000 gal of veggie filters on a berm by the pond. I remember so well the
500 gal my dad built with his dad in California. It is really my intro to
ponding...over 50 years ago. I was especially impressed by the free baby
goldfish that appeared in his pond.

We have three boys (24,28 and 33). All grown and out of the house.

I do a lot of gardening (salad) and hunting. Phyllis Is very involved in
field trips and such for her students.

I have been working on our yard to get it to a point where one old guy with
a riding mower can handle it. It is about 2 acres, so that is a task.

We enjoy sitting by the pond when it is cool enough.

My kids keep threatening to buy me a tractor with a scoop and several loads
of dirt when I retire...in a decade! They say it is easier that all the
dirt work they have done with me.

Ask me about Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net

"matrix j" wrote in message
Just wondering if rec.ponds ever does a roll call every now and then?

Just to see where everyone is from and what other interests and hobbies
they may have?