Old 24-06-2004, 03:06 PM
Lostin1999

Default For those interested heres a link to a few pictures of my pond

http://uk.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/...nge?.dir=/8a86

as I say the pond is a work in progress, but ive taken pictures at each
stage (think there's more somewhere) so until I can get someone to/learn how
to make me up a web page(or 3) this is best I can do for now!

Lost

Old 24-06-2004, 04:05 PM
Lee B.

Is there a way to make the photos larger? They show as thumbnails, which are
kinda tiny for my (ahem!) old eyes . . .

Lee

Old 24-06-2004, 04:05 PM
Lostin1999

"Lee B." wrote in message
Is there a way to make the photos larger? They show as thumbnails, which

are
kinda tiny for my (ahem!) old eyes . . .

Lee

I think I posted the wrong link.. try this one please if no luck ill have
to play some more...

http://uk.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/...=/8a86&.src=ph

Old 29-06-2004, 06:11 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

You've got a very good start there Lostin'99. )

How big is it? WXLXDepth, kind of hard to tell from the photos?

What are your eventual critter and/or plant types plans for it in the long
run? ~ jan

Old 29-06-2004, 07:06 PM
Lostin1999

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
s.com...
You've got a very good start there Lostin'99. )

How big is it? WXLXDepth, kind of hard to tell from the photos?

What are your eventual critter and/or plant types plans for it in the long
run? ~ jan

its 9'X5' and 4 foot deep (but has a 2 foot deep ledge all around.

so far its got 3 sterlets, several (about 8) shibunkins (sp) 1 ghost carp
(lost other to a seagull (and net lessons learned lol)) a few (3) golden
minnows (over 6 years old now) and 5 small gold fish (and some ramshorn
snails)

it also has 2 white Lilly's, (I also want a couple of red ones) for shade
and colour, but I don't want too many plants in the pond, to on the back
edge im going to create a small falls/feeder stream with a few deep spots
for watercress and maybe some water hyacinths.

so far that's all, I may add a few more exotic goldfish, or some other
sorts.. (quite fancy sticklebacks) but will be creating a smaller wildlife
pond because everyone round here seems to be filling ponds in (young
families moving into small older houses). im also into organic gardening so
want to encourage toads to eat the damned slugs n snails (and already have a
hedgeghog family established) but with the garden so small its not so
easy.. (not to mention a 9 year old running riot!! lol)

will keep changing the plans as I move onwards with it though, cos its one
of those works in progress and I think it always will be!!

Lost.

Old 30-06-2004, 08:06 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

will keep changing the plans as I move onwards with it though, cos its one
of those works in progress and I think it always will be!!

For sure, in some form or another. ) I don't mess too much with the pond
surround per se, but I'm always doing something with plant arrangement.
~ jan