GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Plant ID please! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/67397-plant-id-please.html)

Heather 26-06-2004 07:04 PM

Plant ID please!

Hi Everyone:

Can anyone identify the plant shown in the photos at this link? The flower
makes me think of Pickerel weed but the leaves are different. Thanks in
advance.

Heather

http://community.webshots.com/album/156581553ehUHxG

Heather 30-06-2004 07:05 PM

Plant ID please!

http://community.webshots.com/album/156581553ehUHxG

This plant has been identified as follows:

Marsh Betony (Stachys palustris)
This hardy marsh betony has narrow dark green foliage and whorls of
purple-pink flowers most of the summer. Grows in sun /part shade, water
depth to 5". Hardy zones 4-8. Height 6"-24". Spreads via runner.

. ..