GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Is 20% water change daily too much for Koi? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/67582-20%25-water-change-daily-too-much-koi.html)

Michael Shaffer 29-06-2004 01:03 PM

Is 20% water change daily too much for Koi?

My pond has a leak and I have to refill it every day. Is this bad for
the Koi?

Thanks
Mike

Benign Vanilla 29-06-2004 03:09 PM

"Michael Shaffer" wrote in message
My pond has a leak and I have to refill it every day. Is this bad for
the Koi?

Steady water conditions are more optimal then a constant flux, but as long
as you properly treat the water for chlorine and/or chloramine, and you
ensure that the water is similar in temperature to the existing water, you
should be OK.

Do you know where the leak is?

BV.