GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Garden Pond Critter? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/78278-garden-pond-critter.html)

Hal 04-07-2004 04:02 AM

Garden Pond Critter?

Can someone please tell me what the light string like thing is seen on
the pipe. Is it something growing there under water or was it
deposited like an egg? Picture in alt.binaries.pictures.gardens.
(Garden Pond Critter?) Author Hal )

There are several globs of japanese black snail eggs and a small snail
on the pipe. My first thought was another kind of egg, but I haven't
been able to find anything that looks like the light string.

Thanks,

Hal

GrannyGrump 04-07-2004 05:02 AM

Garden Pond Critter?

There are several globs of japanese black snail eggs and a small snail
on the pipe. My first thought was another kind of egg, but I haven't
been able to find anything that looks like the light string.

Frog eggs more than likely, if it is a jelly like string, with
blackish dots spaced out evenly through the strands.

Hal 04-07-2004 09:05 PM

Garden Pond Critter?

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 22:12:05 -0500, GrannyGrump
wrote:

There are several globs of japanese black snail eggs and a small snail
on the pipe. My first thought was another kind of egg, but I haven't
been able to find anything that looks like the light string.

Frog eggs more than likely, if it is a jelly like string, with
blackish dots spaced out evenly through the strands.

I don't think so, I have seen lots of toad eggs and they don't attach
like this and are bigger. All my tadpoles are toadpoles too.

Thanks,

Hal