GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   New Constructiob begining (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/78831-new-constructiob-begining.html)

noahsnana 13-07-2004 11:06 AM

New Constructiob begining

FINALLY
They came today drained the ponds caught all the wetones and moved them to a
holding tank, set-up filtration for them and removed their old home. It was
suppose to rain/flood today os the bulldozer is waiting till tomorrow to
ream out the area. I should have my approx 9000 gal brand new home for the
guys in three days!

Holding my breath that all goes smoothly.

Jim and Phyllis Hurley 20-07-2004 12:04 PM

New Constructiob begining

A dozer is a major digging tool!

How did the digging go?

Jim

Ask me about Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net

noahsnana 23-07-2004 07:02 AM

New Constructiob begining

They ended up taking out two trees that made the pond even bigger. I went
with RichToyBox's concept of pond, just with I could have afforded the
beadfilter. I will post pics when I finish uploading to a webpage. It is
enormous compared to what I had. they started 7/13 it is 99% done. The pump
still needs to be connected. I started filling it with water today
(metering), had 1200 gals in and of course it began to rain. It didn't just
rain it stormed. So much for a correct number of gal. I will have to use the
salt method to find out how many gals, I am told it works.
Joann

Jim and Phyllis Hurley 27-07-2004 11:16 AM

New Constructiob begining

Hi Joann,

We will all be 'jealous'/glad for you when the whole pond is in place. Two
trees! Digging has a major problem with trees.

Put up your pics...including the dozer, if you have any.

Good luck