GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   new water? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/79000-new-water.html)

melissa 14-07-2004 03:07 PM

new water?

hello everybody!
new water added to ponds seems to be the cause of much green water
right? can one age the water, in a wheelbarrow or rubbermaid tub for
example, and then add it to the pond? will that put off the green water
enhancing property of added water? thanks for all answers to my silly
questions!

~ jan JJsPond.us 19-07-2004 05:11 PM

new water?

New water per se doesn't cause it, it is too big a water change, disturbing
the balance that causes it. Best explained here under Green Water and Water
Change Outs. http://www.koiclubsandiego.org/H2oQual.html ~ jan