GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   String Algae & Kitty Litter ?(Thanks So Much !) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/79026-re-string-algae-kitty-litter-thanks-so-much.html)

Bette E 14-07-2004 08:10 PM

String Algae & Kitty Litter ?(Thanks So Much !)

Thanks so much for re-posting this for me-- I did it and am happy to
report that it works great for me. So far, I have only used the 2 TBs.
once. ( in the upper stream out from the veggie filter.)
I soaked the litter with pond water, to a mushy consistancy in a paper
cup first.
The two shorter streams and the bottom falls, are now free of the stuff.
I am VERY grateful for this tip !
Bette, in Central OH