GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   New Koi hassling goldfish is this normal? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/79052-new-koi-hassling-goldfish-normal.html)

steve 15-07-2004 12:04 AM

New Koi hassling goldfish is this normal?

I have a gold fish pond with over a dozen large goldfish. Today I
added a small koi (he is smaller than most of the goldfish). He seems
to be making a pest out of himself, mouthing at the other fishes
sides, getting in their way. I had a few Koi a long time ago and I
don't remember this behaviour. Do I have an antisocial fish or is he
trying to get Koi like behaviour out of my goldfish? Any comments
would be appreciated.

steve

[email protected] 17-07-2004 12:08 AM

New Koi hassling goldfish is this normal?

did you add that fish without quarantine? Ingrid

(steve) wrote:

I have a gold fish pond with over a dozen large goldfish. Today I
added a small koi (he is smaller than most of the goldfish). He seems
to be making a pest out of himself, mouthing at the other fishes
sides, getting in their way. I had a few Koi a long time ago and I
don't remember this behaviour. Do I have an antisocial fish or is he
trying to get Koi like behaviour out of my goldfish? Any comments
would be appreciated.

steve

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

steve 17-07-2004 05:04 PM

wrote in message ...
did you add that fish without quarantine? Ingrid

Uhhhh yes I did and you will love this. I was at Walmart and there was
a little irradescent yellow gold Koi for $4.57. I normally don't by
any fish there but I could not resist. There was a tank of goldfish
and koi, some german/euro woman who was shopping pointed out a few
fish in the tank who were sickly and said, you should quarantine your
fish. I said Yah, yah but the fish was robust and I was forty %
committed to the quarantine thing but I ended up giving it a 10 minute
salt dip and a very short diluted Hydrogen Peroxide dip and then in
he went. I did not add any of the store water to my pond. He is
acting alot less crazy today. Maybe he has fish rabies, I hope not he
seems to be as strong as an ox just wackey.