GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   UK Skippy filter??? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/79533-uk-skippy-filter.html)

Lostin1999 20-07-2004 08:13 AM

UK Skippy filter???

has anyone in the UK built a skippy filter??

if so where did you source the Media?? im seriously considering building
one (for my 1000 gallon) pond but feel by the time ive paid postage to the
UK (and duty etc) any savings made by using a skippy will be lost..

TIA for any help

Lost

Paul 22-07-2004 07:39 PM

UK Skippy filter???

Use green scouring pads from the supermarket or find somewhere to buy them
in bulk like a cash and carry.

Paul

Karen Mullen 25-07-2004 03:03 PM

UK Skippy filter???

In article , "Lostin1999"
writes:

has anyone in the UK built a skippy filter??

if so where did you source the Media?

my filter has the cheap netting you buy in a fabric store (like you'd use for a
veil, but coarser), and furnace filters, lava rock and cotton quilt batting.
works great.

Karen
Zone 5
Ashland, OH