Old 20-07-2004, 11:03 AM
Dan Gannon

Default Invitation to "Butterfly Koi" - New Yahoo Group

Greetings!

You are cordially invited to my new Yahoo Group, "Butterfly Koi."
Here's the link:

You may view messages without joining the group. However, joining is
easy and membership is instant. Spammers are not invited.

Cheers,

Dan Gannon
Portland, Oregon, USA
Old 20-07-2004, 08:03 PM
Dan Gannon

Jay,

No, not at all! Neither forum is a commercial entity.

For those who may not be familiar with these concepts, allow me to
explain.

This open sharing is analogous to the practices of non-commercial
clubs and societies, or even public libraries, which routinely share
information, invitations, etc. It's simply in the spirit of sharing,
freedom, good will, and the power that comes from groups of people
freely exchanging information and ideas. It has nothing to do with
profit-driven jealousies and nastiness.

This forum (rec.ponds) isn't dedicated to butterfly koi. The
"Butterfly Koi" Yahoo group is. Also, Butterfly Koi is not only for
messages, but also for sharing photos, etc.

Dan Gannon
Founder, Butterfly Koi Yahoo group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/butterfly_koi/

Go Fig wrote in message ...
In article , Dan Gannon
wrote:

(WilsonKKW) wrote in message
thanks for the invite,,should I bring the chips/dips,lol

Sure, why not?

Don't you think this is a bit like handing out Walmart flyers at the
doors of a Target store ?

jay
Sun Jul 18, 2004

Old 20-07-2004, 08:03 PM
Go Fig

In article , Dan
Gannon wrote:

Jay,

No, not at all! Neither forum is a commercial entity.

For those who may not be familiar with these concepts, allow me to
explain.

This open sharing is analogous to the practices of non-commercial
clubs and societies, or even public libraries, which routinely share
information, invitations, etc. It's simply in the spirit of sharing,
freedom, good will, and the power that comes from groups of people
freely exchanging information and ideas. It has nothing to do with
profit-driven jealousies and nastiness.

This forum (rec.ponds) isn't dedicated to butterfly koi.

But it is not exclusive of it either and you seek to dilute that
potential.

As for commercial, you should be up-front and acknowledge you are
exposed to advertising at Yahoo Groups and must register to post.

jay
Tue Jul 20, 2004

The
"Butterfly Koi" Yahoo group is. Also, Butterfly Koi is not only for
messages, but also for sharing photos, etc.

Dan Gannon
Founder, Butterfly Koi Yahoo group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/butterfly_koi/

Old 21-07-2004, 01:03 AM
Dan Gannon

Go Fig wrote in message ...
In article , Dan
Gannon wrote:

This forum (rec.ponds) isn't dedicated to butterfly koi.

But it is not exclusive of it either and you seek to dilute that
potential.

Wow. I had forgotten about the paranoia factor.

There certainly is room in the world, or on the internet, for more
than one koi-related forum. In fact, more than a few already did
exist, and I feel they compliment each other, rather than detract from
each other.

As for commercial, you should be up-front and acknowledge you are
exposed to advertising at Yahoo Groups and must register to post.

jay
Tue Jul 20, 2004

Am I responsible for Yahoo's ads? Do I charge money, directly or even
indirectly? No, and no. Go heckle someone else. Thank you.

Old 21-07-2004, 06:08 AM
WilsonKKW

thanks for the invite,,should I bring the chips/dips,lol