GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Help again!! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/79650-help-again.html)

pixi 21-07-2004 02:02 PM

Help again!!

Is there a pond club in West Virginia, preferrably in the Potomac Highlands?
My pond is still leaking (worse than before) around the skimmer. And I know
it is where the liner is attached to the skimmer.

If there is a pond club maybe I can pay someone to reattach the liner
properly.

At this point, if I didn't have so darned much money invested in it, I would
just fill the darned thing in. But then I probably wouldn't. I love to
just sit and watch the fish and frogs although I haven't put in any fish
yet.

Or is there some other way to attack this problem.

Lori 21-07-2004 02:02 PM

Help again!!

Or is there some other way to attack this problem.

The following worked very well for me, so you might give it a try.

Drain your pond until the area that needs sealing is dry.

Get RIBBON CAULKING (the flat kind that goes around doors when a new
door is being installed) and use that to seal whatever/wherever the
water leaks from.

Plumbers Putty might do the same thing (ribbon caulking is all I had
at the time I needed to seal a pipe in my filter)

RichToyBox 22-07-2004 02:12 AM

Help again!!

Pixi,

A friend of mine is in the Charles Town area. He is the current president
of the Mid-Atlantic Koi Club. Go to http://www.makc.com/ then on left
(MAKC Chapter Meetings), and select South Chapter, and Gene's phone and
email are listed for the August 15 meeting. I don;t know how close you are
to him, but he is very helpful, and if he is not in your neighborhood, he
probably know of someone that is.
--
RichToyBox