GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Newbie question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/80118-newbie-question.html)

2pods 24-07-2004 02:07 PM

Newbie question

What is a "Skippy" filter ?

In our larger raised pond (still quite small) we have a Hozelok Ecoclear
2200 pump, filter and UV.

We also have a small pre-form which has two goldfish and some oxygenators,
and a small
(650gph) fountain pump in, and we'd like to filter that, but don't want to
go to the expense of the Hoselok system for something that small.

So could I use some other filter, eg Skippy ?

TIA

Peter

Granny Grump 24-07-2004 02:20 PM

Newbie question

What is a "Skippy" filter ?

http://www.skippysstuff.com/biofiltr.htm

We also have a small pre-form which has two goldfish and some oxygenators,
and a small
(650gph) fountain pump in, and we'd like to filter that, but don't want to
go to the expense of the Hoselok system for something that small.

So could I use some other filter, eg Skippy ?

Yep...you can make a Skippy filter any size to suit your pond's needs.

I am a believer, since my pond cleared up in a week, after buildoing a
Skippy filter. Of course, that could be due in part to the bacteria
and barley straw pellets I put in the bottom of the Skippy filter.