GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mystery Animal Revealed! (Bat Boy unavailable for comment...) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/81070-mystery-animal-revealed-bat-boy-unavailable-comment.html)

Gareee© 03-08-2004 07:26 AM

Mystery Animal Revealed! (Bat Boy unavailable for comment...)

http://www.local6.com/news/3604803/detail.html

Cichlidiot 03-08-2004 08:03 PM

"Gareee" wrote:
http://www.local6.com/news/3604803/detail.html

Well, at least they are finally humanely capturing the animals and getting
them medical treatment for the mange. Hopefully they'll catch the adult
and treat it too. I have to wonder if the mange is a widespread problem or
restricted to the one family group. If it is widespread, it surely does
make some of the newer flea/tick spot treatment products for domestic pets
that are also supposed to help prevent mange mite infestation seem well
worth the expense for those with pets in the area.

Benign Vanilla 04-08-2004 05:12 PM

"Cichlidiot" wrote in message
"Gareee" wrote:
http://www.local6.com/news/3604803/detail.html

Well, at least they are finally humanely capturing the animals and getting
them medical treatment for the mange. Hopefully they'll catch the adult
and treat it too. I have to wonder if the mange is a widespread problem or
restricted to the one family group. If it is widespread, it surely does
make some of the newer flea/tick spot treatment products for domestic pets
that are also supposed to help prevent mange mite infestation seem well
worth the expense for those with pets in the area.

I am concerned that it may be widespread, as my neighbor believes she saw
such a critter come into my yard. Over the years we have always had a family
of fox in our area, and they often frequent my yard, I assume for the tasty
fish flavored water. This year, they have been strangely silent.

BV.