GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   MUTE Frogs (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/81126-mute-frogs.html)

REBEL JOE 06-08-2004 03:58 AM

MUTE Frogs

Why won't my frogs sing!!!!! I have been wanting frogs forever now I
have some and they won"t sing=BF=BF=BF???? Two are green frogs I think
and one BIG FAT Bull frog.

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND

~ jan JJsPond.us 06-08-2004 04:56 AM

MUTE Frogs

Could it be, perhaps, you don't recognize the sound? :o)

I don't know what green frogs sound like, but when I had a Bull Frog it
took the longest time for me to realize it wasn't my neighbor out at 10pm
using an old fashion foot-push edger. It was the BF making that
nois...ah... song. ;o) ~ jan

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 22:58:48 -0400, (REBEL JOE) wrote:

Why won't my frogs sing!!!!! I have been wanting frogs forever now I
have some and they won"t singżżż???? Two are green frogs I think
and one BIG FAT Bull frog.

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

~ jan JJsPond.us 06-08-2004 07:39 AM

MUTE Frogs

Hey Kate, Maybe you just live too close to some red light district? ;o)
Just kidding, in case it's not clear. ~ jan :o)

Dang Joe...
If you wanna hear frogs a singin, come to my house on any spring evening.
The noise will run you back into the house. It's terrible, thousands of

little whistles and chreeps and honks and .... *rolling her eyes* .. it's
just too much.

Though now that I think of it, since the weather has warmed, we don't hear
them that much unless it rains these days. Could be that the birds and
snakes have reduced the population.
Kate

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Dave and Miss 06-08-2004 12:25 PM

MUTE Frogs

Joe...What color are your green frogs throats? Reason I ask is at my pond
all the males (yellow throats) do the singing and the females (white
throats) just sit and listen. If you do have males maybe they just require a
little time to adjust and feel comfortable enough to mate.
Dave http://photos.yahoo.com/jeepin9557

WilsonKKW 06-08-2004 02:52 PM

MUTE Frogs

Why won't my frogs sing!!!!! I have been wanting frogs forever now I
have some and they won"t singżżż???

Look closely,their using sign lanage,lol

REBEL JOE 06-08-2004 05:10 PM

MUTE Frogs

LOL maybe they are no wonder I couldn't hear um.

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND

[email protected] 06-08-2004 06:23 PM

MUTE Frogs

wrote:

Why won't my frogs sing!!!!! I have been wanting frogs forever now I
have some and they won"t singżżż???? Two are green frogs I think
and one BIG FAT Bull frog.

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND

Nice pond, or do you refer to as a pool.

I have pond size envy now. :(

later,

tom

**************** http://www.Intertainia.com ***************
Our Newest Site: http://www.MedicalJobList.com (Medical Staffing)

Heather 06-08-2004 06:37 PM

MUTE Frogs

Hi Rebel Joe:

We have many "Green" frogs. That means they are not bull frogs or wood
frogs etc. However of our green frogs there are many different colors so
you really can't tell from color. Our largest female is a dark greenish
brown or bronze. We have a small female more of a tan color, a female a
beautiful emerald, a male an olive shade, and many other shades and
combinations. I will try to get pics of the different colors this weekend
and post them ASAP.

Heather
SW Ontario (Zone 5)
Pond Pictures at: http://community.webshots.com/user/heathersmyth

"REBEL JOE" wrote in message
They have yellow. I also have a frog that is black on its back not sure
what he is.

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND

SVTKate 07-08-2004 11:41 AM

MUTE Frogs

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
| Hey Kate, Maybe you just live too close to some red light district? ;o)
| Just kidding, in case it's not clear. ~ jan :o)

LOL.. you may be right!
They DO sound awfully froggy down there!

Kate

SVTKate 07-08-2004 11:41 AM

MUTE Frogs

SVTKate 07-08-2004 11:41 AM

SVTKate 07-08-2004 12:04 PM

MUTE Frogs

Just had a look at your website Joe.
Man, what a lot of work you did there! It looks great. That may be an
understatement. I like the way you have the pools running from one to
another and the foot bridge that crosses.

My pond is just not as user friendly as the ones you folks have here in the
group. There is so much I would like to do with it, but it is too far from
the power to even put in a pump and filter.

Kate

REBEL JOE 07-08-2004 04:49 PM

MUTE Frogs

You could run a elect. line under ground then put a outlet on a pole.

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND