Old 06-08-2004, 06:30 AM
SVTKate

Default Oxygen-poor sea may spark spate of shark bites

Man, that is just horrible.
I think the thing that comes to mind the most is that they are doing nothing
to stop the pollution.

I wonder how many former US companies are contributing to the problem.

Kate

Old 07-08-2004, 02:52 AM
Karen

In article et, "SVTKate"
writes:

I think the thing that comes to mind the most is that they are doing nothing
to stop the pollution.

I wonder how many former US companies are contributing to the problem.

Kate

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message
| HOUSTON - A huge "dead zone" of water so devoid of oxygen that sea life
| cannot live in it has spread across 5,800 square miles (15,000 square
| kilometers) of the Gulf of Mexico this summer, in what has become an
annual
| occurrence caused by pollution.

the worst part is that there are several large sanctuaries down there Padre
Island coming to mind. a lot of the pollution is coming from the Mexican side
of the Rio Grande and don't forget all those platform wells out in the gulf off
Louisiana.

when I lived in Houston, there were days Galveston Beach was so bad you
couldn't swim in it.

Karen
Zone 5
Ashland, OH
http://hometown.aol.com/kmam1/MyPond/MyPond.html
My Art Studio at
http://members.aol.com/kmmstudios/K....M.Studios.html
for email remove the extra extention

Old 07-08-2004, 02:52 AM
Karen

Old 07-08-2004, 03:17 PM
Theoldballpark

I live 30 miles from Galveston and haven't been down there in 14 years! Nasty
water-nuff said. Laura
Old 07-08-2004, 03:17 PM
Theoldballpark

Old 07-08-2004, 03:17 PM
Theoldballpark

I live 30 miles from Galveston and haven't been down there in 14 years! Nasty
water-nuff said. Laura

Sea Shepherd News Japan Acknowledges Sea Shepherd’s Defense of the Whales Holly United Kingdom 1 17-04-2008 04:30 PM
Sea Shepherd Announces: Seal Defense Campaign 2008! Sea ShepherdCrew to Shift from the Southern Ice to the Northern Ice [email protected] United Kingdom 1 06-04-2008 08:41 AM
Algae control: first take one shark, basically OT kathy Ponds 2 16-03-2005 04:14 PM
"Shark" Algae Eater? stricks760 Ponds 2 02-02-2004 10:02 PM
OT sea to shining sea KenCo Ponds 0 21-11-2003 03:13 AM