GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hibiscus is blooming (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/81355-hibiscus-blooming.html)

Pinkpggy 03-08-2004 08:49 PM

Hibiscus is blooming

Our water Hibiscus is blooming. With the extreme heat we are having I decided
I better get a picture of it. I added a picture of it to our pond page.
Jan
"Our Pond" Page
http://hometown.aol.com/pinkpggy/index.html

~ jan JJsPond.us 04-08-2004 07:17 AM

Hibiscus is blooming

Lovely, my red hibiscus opened its first bloom today also, unfortunately we
had a wind storm the day before and I had to top it, to get the rest of it
to stay up right again. The basket is now staked with a bungee cord all
well hidden, something I should have done before the storm.

Regardless, I took the top 3 feet, full of blooms and put in a vase and the
first flower was open today. I expect the majority of the rest to open
also, since they are really good about opening even if cut and vased.
~ jan

On 03 Aug 2004 19:49:16 GMT, (Pinkpggy) wrote:

Our water Hibiscus is blooming. With the extreme heat we are having I decided
I better get a picture of it. I added a picture of it to our pond page.
Jan
"Our Pond" Page
http://hometown.aol.com/pinkpggy/index.html

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Karen 06-08-2004 03:21 AM

Hibiscus is blooming

I'm still waiting for mine to bloom. Botht he land and water plants are loaded
with buds, but none have opened yet.

Karen
Zone 5
Ashland, OH