Old 10-08-2004, 12:26 AM
Ka30P

Default Algae primer test

Since I occasionally threaten to administer an algae primer
test I thought I'd better write one.
If you don't score 100% your Porg Papers may be revoked without
appeal.

ALGAE TEST

1. Algae's favorite food is:
a) beer
b) carbs
c) merde des poissons

2. Algae is the first plant to get going in the spring because
a) you've been bad and deserve to be punished
b) you bragged about crystal clear water last summer, see (a)
c) love in a cold climate

3. Plants are good for the pond because
a) the pond industry must be supported
b) jan sells plant divides and deserves to be supported
c) you get to use the patented 'bv/beer' method of planting

4. Shade allows the ponder to:
a) relieve himself in the pond (you've got to be a really old rec.ponder
to remember this) thus screening him from the neighbors
b) provides cover for the german shepherd sized bullfrog (same vintage of
ponder will remember this)
c) keep the illegal removal of blue herons a secret.

5. We recommend low fish stocking because
a) leaves more fish for us to buy
b) hides the fact that we occasionally bbq our koi
c) part of our overall plan to transfer fish to more and more ponders thus
porgizing the world.

6. We think you should clean out your pond once a year because
a) the feds are still looking for Jimmy Hoffa
b) the feds are still looking for Osama bin Laden
c) the feds are still looking for WMD

7. We do not recommend dying your pond because
a) orange is a pretty color
b) fish don't look good dyed blue
c) we never thought we had to mention this before

8. UV lights are
a) evil
b) there is no middle answer
c) magic

9. A veggie filter is
a) a new kind of compost heap
b) another expensive project
c) organic merde des poissons consumption

10. You should be patient with your green water because
a) you'll live longer
b) you'll learn to be humble in the face of nature
c) you can't screw with Mother Nature
d) all of the above ;-)

kathy :-)
algae primer

Old 10-08-2004, 02:28 PM
chagoi

Do we send the answers to you? :-)

Whats next?

Daily attendance taking ;-)

Grading for spelling? ;-)

Hall passes? :-) ;-)

(Raising hand)
May I have permission to leave the room.

Duckin an a Runnin

BYE!

--
/\/\ike
Chagoi

Old 10-08-2004, 02:33 PM
chagoi

I guess none of our algae are smart enough to take the test, as I don't
see any replies from them!

D'in & R'in again
Bye
--
/\/\ike
Chagoi

Old 10-08-2004, 02:58 PM
Crashj

"chagoi" wrote in message

(Raising hand)
May I have permission to leave the room.
Duckin an a Runnin
BYE!

/\/\ike
Chagoi

Hey, you with the smirk, runnin' down the hall, WHERE IS YOUR PASS, MISTER?
--
Crashj

Old 10-08-2004, 04:11 PM
chagoi

Crashj wrote:
"chagoi" wrote in message

(Raising hand)
May I have permission to leave the room.
Duckin an a Runnin
BYE!

/\/\ike
Chagoi

Hey, you with the smirk, runnin' down the hall, WHERE IS YOUR PASS, MISTER?

Better watch out Crashj, I'll run down the hall (known as I-78W) and be
in your homeroom in 1.5 hours. And we can serve detention together,
working on your pond. :-)
--
/\/\ike
Chagoi

Old 10-08-2004, 04:16 PM
Ka30P

ahem!
Those of you not paying attention to your
test must come in after school and count all the
single cells of algae in the pond!

kathy :-)
algae primer

Old 10-08-2004, 04:29 PM
Crashj

"chagoi" wrote in message
Crashj wrote:

Hey, you with the smirk, runnin' down the hall, WHERE IS YOUR PASS,

MISTER?

Better watch out Crashj, I'll run down the hall (known as I-78W) and be
in your homeroom in 1.5 hours. And we can serve detention together,
working on your pond. :-)

Any time, Mister! Just be sure you bring enough plants for everybody. If you
don't like Yuengling Lager Lite, BYOB.
Actually the pond is full and is merrily cycling away. We were in NC for the
last half of the week and there was a big storm here. We came home to a big
green puddle with a lawn chair in it and no visible fountain. Not to worry,
thought, it is all back in progress.
The strange part is the intake filter (a Tetra PF1 submersible) floated to
the top!? The neighbor fortunately unplugged the pump. I will drill a small
hole in the bottom of the box and add a big rock so this does not happen
again. The quilting must have trapped some air as it was bubbling all day
but this has stopped.
Since it is late in the season I am not going to buy a lot of plants. I did
get four iris at Lowes, and a couple of liliypads-in-a-box at Home Depot.
The WH from the local garden shop is crapola, but the lettuce has five
babies. I am going for iron today.
--
Crashj

Old 10-08-2004, 04:43 PM
Crashj

"Ka30P" wrote in message

ahem!
Those of you not paying attention to your
test must come in after school and count all the
single cells of algae in the pond!

The really naughty ponders have to *name* them, too.
--
Crashj

Primer on Plant Nutrition Ray Orchids 0 14-08-2004 03:19 PM
Primer on Plant Nutrition Ray Orchids 0 14-08-2004 03:19 PM
Why do mowers have primer bulbs? Mainframe Lawns 22 19-06-2004 02:06 PM
Algae Algae Algae -=Almazick=- Freshwater Aquaria Plants 16 23-08-2003 09:32 AM
[IBC] Chamaecyparis soil type question - and a small Google primer kevin bailey Bonsai 0 04-08-2003 11:02 AM