GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   When to Goldfish turn gold? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/81490-when-goldfish-turn-gold.html)

Jabba 04-08-2004 04:55 PM

When to Goldfish turn gold?

Just a quick question ... I now have one large(ish) fish that is still black
even though all the same generation are gold/white, and two young(ish) fish
that are still black, as you might expect. The different fish is only just
over an inch and half long but is already white with a little bit of gold
(like his dad ;-)).

Any pointers on when Goldfish become 'gold'?

Newbie Bill 04-08-2004 05:41 PM

When to Goldfish turn gold?

In my brief experience I have seen them turn anywhere from 1 inch to 4 or
five.
Bill

Karen 04-08-2004 10:31 PM

When to Goldfish turn gold?

In article , "Jabba"
writes:

Any pointers on when Goldfish become 'gold'?

some may never turn. I had one that didn't turn until it was 3 yrs old.

Karen
Zone 5
Ashland, OH
http://hometown.aol.com/kmam1/MyPond/MyPond.html
My Art Studio at
http://members.aol.com/kmmstudios/K....M.Studios.html
for email remove the extra extention

~ Windsong ~ 04-08-2004 10:55 PM

When to Goldfish turn gold?

"Jabba" wrote in message
Just a quick question ... I now have one large(ish) fish that is still

black
even though all the same generation are gold/white, and two young(ish)

fish
that are still black, as you might expect. The different fish is only just
over an inch and half long but is already white with a little bit of gold
(like his dad ;-)).

Any pointers on when Goldfish become 'gold'?

I've had a few that never turned gold. I got rid of them.
--
Carol....
"Does killing time damage eternity?"