Old 14-08-2004, 09:28 AM
Kymberly Fergusson

Default Is there such a thing as a solar powered pump?

Hi all,

(am delurking for a bit ;)

I have recently moved into a new house which has a very large pond (with a
stepped rock face on the north side). There is an existing pump in the
pond, but it is not connected to power (or so the landlord assures us).

We don't really want to get the electrician in to install another pump/fix
this one as it's only a rental property, and so were wondering if a solar
option exists?

Thanks heaps,

Kym
--
www.nifwlseirff.net
Old 14-08-2004, 12:42 PM
Granny Grump

AltaVista.com says there are.
Old 14-08-2004, 12:42 PM
Granny Grump

AltaVista.com says there are.
Old 14-08-2004, 03:00 PM
Gareee©

I googled them, but based on the price, I wonder how long they last,and how
long it would take to make the difference back, vs electric pumps?

--
Gareee© (Gareee "at" Charter "dot" net)
Homepage:

Old 14-08-2004, 05:49 PM
Grubber

"Kymberly Fergusson" wrote in message

Hi all,

(am delurking for a bit ;)

I have recently moved into a new house which has a very large pond (with a
stepped rock face on the north side). There is an existing pump in the
pond, but it is not connected to power (or so the landlord assures us).

We don't really want to get the electrician in to install another pump/fix
this one as it's only a rental property, and so were wondering if a solar
option exists?

Thanks heaps,

Kym
--
www.nifwlseirff.net

Yes, but solar pumps really aren't designed for pond usage. If you want to
keep a cistern filled by using solar to run a pump during the daylight hours
and there is no convenient electricity, solar makes sense. If you want 3000
GPH for a waterfall, you would need thousands of dollars worth of solar
panels and a rack of batteries if you want the pump to run at times when
there is no bright sunshine.

Buy an extension cord ;-).

Old 14-08-2004, 06:12 PM
Go Fig

In article , Grubber
wrote:

[...]

I have seen wind powered pumps, I'm not sure if they are mechanical or
convert to electricity though.

jay
Sat Aug 14, 2004

Old 14-08-2004, 09:16 PM
BryanB

At the risk of looking like a spammer I suggest looking over at
www.siliconsolar.com . I've been wanting to buy stuff from them for
quite some time (and recently got a little solar light that, so far, I'm
fairly pleased with).

They have links to Solar Pond Pumps on the right of the screen.
(Dang... Wish I could get a discount for free advertising on the 'net
like this... ;{) )

--Bryan

On 8/14/2004 1:28 AM Kymberly Fergusson let loose a lemur across the
keyboard and it typed:

Hi all,

(am delurking for a bit ;)

I have recently moved into a new house which has a very large pond (with a
stepped rock face on the north side). There is an existing pump in the
pond, but it is not connected to power (or so the landlord assures us).

We don't really want to get the electrician in to install another pump/fix
this one as it's only a rental property, and so were wondering if a solar
option exists?

Thanks heaps,

Kym

* Can't see the Forest | Bryan B. *
* Through the Trees? | "Ho, Ho, Ho!" Santa *
* Take it out! | accused as he went *
* (Damn Viruses!) | through his list. *